Are you looking for an amazing opportunity with an organization that focuses on helping those in need??
Do you have excellent communication skills to provide the best customer service??
Then look no further…...
Community First Health Centers is currently looking for a Competent Professional Authority (CPA) to join our WIC team at our New Haven medical facility located at 58144 Gratiot Avenue. T
he ideal candidate for this role will be resourceful, a great communicator and a team player. Under the supervision of the WIC Program Manager, you'll provide nutrition counseling, training and education services to WIC program participants and staff.
Daily responsibilities of our Competent Professional Authority (CPA) may include:
- Perform nutrition assessment(s), determine risk/eligibility, provide nutrition risk education and make appropriate referral(s)
- Provide nutrition counseling including breastfeeding education; document all encounter details
- Develop nutrition care plans and provide individualized nutrition counseling for high risk clients
- Perform anthropometric measurements, record data and perform lab functions as needed
- Assign appropriate food package(s) and approve non-contract formula requests including class III formulas
- Participate in the selection, planning, preparation and evaluation of teaching aids and program materials
- Order, track inventory and stock nutrition education materials as needed/directed
- Maintain and acquire knowledge of community resources
- Counsel clients on health education and behavior modification
- Complete all forms and charts necessary to ensure compliance with all federal, state, insurance and/or Agency standards
- Provide consultation, training and supervision for staff as requested
- Other duties as assigned
This is a part time opportunity; up to 24 hours per week.
Hours will be gained over three structured business day; Monday thru Friday 830am - 5pm with some flexibility needed based on business demands.
The set schedule of the three work days will be done with the chosen new hire.
Why work for Community First Health Centers?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including;
• Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
• 403(b) Thrift Savings Plan; 2% (up to 7%) annual salary employer contribution whether you participate or not!
• Generous Holiday and Vacation time
• Professional growth opportunities/cross training
• Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs
Community First Health Centers: Improving the quality of life for our community!!