The Inside Sales Rep will provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries and resolving any issues. This position will support the Technical Sales Manager to achieve the established sales objectives, manage their time effectively, work well with others, and provide administrative support when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer order entry
- Track orders through production
- Customer service
- provide order status updates
- communicate delivery timing
- address any quality concerns, etc.
- Schedule / participate in Team Feasibility Reviews
- Prepare quotations
- Maintain Sales Funnel – quote log, must-get list, etc.
- Proficiency with:
- Internal and external communications including quotes, proposals, technical reviews
- Social media platforms including LinkedIn; Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Mathematic skills for various calculations, algebra, and geometry
- Customer EDI portals
- Troubleshooting problem-solving
- Time / priority management
- Microsoft Suite including:
- Excel – spreadsheet creation and manipulation
- Understanding of / Familiarity with:
- Terms and Conditions for each customer
- Customer-specific requirements
- Prints and specifications
- Application of product
- End user requirements and expectations
- ROI/IRR creation and calculations
- Reading and understanding customer contracts / specifications
- Customer cost breakdowns
- Root Cause Analysis Techniques - Ability to properly use Basic 5 Why, 5 x 3 Why and Fishbone Analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree required, Bachelor's degree (B. A.) preferred; with one-two years related experience; OR five - seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to read component blue prints.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Strong PC skills, including experience using MS Project, MS Office, MS Outlook, and Web Browsers. Other skills include the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level, and knowledge of EDI and Business Application systems and terminology, HTML, and Internet protocols and security.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.