Title / Position: Snowmaker (Night Shift)
Position type: Seasonal, Full-time; Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Snowmaking Supervisor, Snowmaking Manager
Some of the most important jobs take place when nobody is around to see success. This can be said about snowmaking. Snow is made by a small group of highly motivated and dedicated members of the Bromley team who operate when the weather is right for making snow. This can be day or night, during weekends and holidays, starting in early November and lasting through most of the season. Bromley Mountain Resort is looking for a few new snowmakers to compliment are existing team of experts. No previous snowmaking experience is necessary we can train you to do the job. What we demand is a good attitude, being physically fit, and teamwork is paramount.
Summary: Primary responsibility is to make safe, high quality snow to enhance our guests experience at Bromley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start up, shut down and maintain snow guns
- Adjust guns properly for different temperatures and wind conditions
- Place guns so snow can be spread evenly on the slopes
- Understand the correct pumping/activity water systems use
- Monitor equipment and conditions in order to prevent freezing of equipment and ensure efficient operation of snowmaking equipment at all times
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned