- 3-5 years on-the-job training and/or 2 years of technological experience.
- Have working knowledge of mechanical parts.
- Willingness to learn.
- Needs to be able to take initiative and anticipate needs/projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, or related presentation programs.
- Competency with internet browser navigation is required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently and possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of BASI executives, managers, and personnel under their scope of authority.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: strong organizational skills; problem-solving; communication skills (verbal and written, especially with co-workers); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact (diplomatically and technically) with all levels of company personnel, vendors and outside regulatory agencies; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time-sensitive deadlines and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 99% of the time inside a building and approximately 1% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 45 lbs.; use hands to type, grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position, usually for training.
AAP/EEO Statement: Bemidji Aviation is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.