Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Recruiting Coordinator. We have two, full time, benefitted positions open.
The Recruiting Coordinator serves as the day-to-day systems and services point person for recruiting and hiring employees across the organization. This role provides excellent internal and external customer service by consulting with hiring teams and responding to queries about requisitions, onboarding and employment opportunities at the zoo. This position directly supports the P&C team by assisting with departmental tasks, projects and other activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supports talent acquisition by collaborating with hiring teams to develop and execute recruiting plans to source, assess, and select top talent for open positions.
- Works with the hiring managers to develop and update position descriptions, advertise opportunities, and monitor open requisitions.
- Contributes to organizational engagement, diversity and inclusion, and recruiting goals by implementing strategies, preparing and supplying metrics, coordinating and participating in work groups and assisting with event planning and execution.
- Assists with the development and delivery of recruiting, interviewing, and systems training for hiring teams.
- Assists with procedural documentation, policies, presentations, forms, training content, and other organizational resources.
- Oversees pre-employment and internship onboarding by coordinating offer letters, administering paperwork, background checks, motor vehicle reports, and physicals.
- Conducts onboarding meetings for new and returning employees.
- Collects and maintains employee and applicant documentation as dictated by applicable governing agencies and internal policies.
- Creates and maintains personnel files.
- Manages applicant data in applicant tracking systems.
- Assists with compliance related to USCIS, EEO-1, and other legal requirements.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors to meet business needs.
- Handles confidential information in an appropriate, professional, and respectful manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university and two years of recruiting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS systems and applications.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain documents such as company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to draft and present training materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include some evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Experience with recruiting and applicant tracking systems.
- Valid WA Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of Ascentis or other HRIS systems.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is currently a work from home/on site hybrid schedule. Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Pay: $26.44/hour + benefits
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.