Basic Job Function: To profitably manage Hoku's & Veranda and ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, beverage, service, and cleanliness
* Emphasis on service, guest relations, staff development, food & beverage, wine program.
* Actively involved in the inspection of the food and beverage outlet operations to ensure that standards of service are met and maintained, meets and responds to guest inquires and coordinates special arrangements and request in the restaurant. Resolves staff and guest issues with tack and diplomacy.
* Hires, trains, evaluates, supervises and schedules line staff to include hosthelp, waithelp, bushelp and cocktail waithelp. Initiates employee development as well as reviews and approves annual performance appraisals for all reporting staff colleagues to ensure the highest level of professional competence and efficient continuity within those positions.
* Enforces established departmental and hotel policy and procedures and performs disciplinary actions as necessary
* Monitors business forecast and ensures staffing requirements are met while maintaining payroll control and overall financial success of the restaurant. Maintains records, files and forms on all payroll related information for union colleagues as well as update Timesaver to ensure accurate payroll processing.
* Implements marketing plan, forecasts covers and labor costs, analyzes cost and revenue reports to ensure the maximization of profits, orders food and general supplies, analyzes overall operations and the coordinates equipment acquisition and maintenance.
* Trains, develops, and supervises Assistant Managers & service staff as they seek to meet the mission/goals of the hotel.
* Implements new menus and promotions such as holiday and special event promotions.
* Researches, develops and recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
* Communicates at all levels of the organization to ensure restaurant and organizational effectiveness. Schedules and facilitates monthly communication meetings. May provide tours of facilities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with managing other F&B outlets when business dictates.
* Perform a variety of other duties as assigned by the Director of F&B. Perform the duties of line staff in emergencies
* Reports all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
* Provides instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
* Responds to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas.
* Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.
* College degree in Travel Industry Management or related field preferred.
* Minimum ten (10) years restaurant and/or hotel food and beverage experience required.
* Five (5) years previous management experience preferred.
* Experience in a first-class, medium to large resort preferred.
* Experience in creating, building and running beverage programs.
* Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
* CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
* Hawaii State Liquor Commission Management Card (blue) required.
* Sommelier certification or similar preferred.
Mental Capacity & Organizational Skill Requirements:
Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks and have a high level of patience.
Ability to use sound judgment.
Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
Ability to prioritize work.
Ability to analyze financial data and understand profit and loss reports.
Knowledge of the food and beverage industry, current market trends and federal, state and local laws pertaining to the hospitality industry, i.e. Department of Occupational Safety and Health, Honolulu Liquor Commission and Department of Health and Sanitation regulation.
Ability to multi task.
Ability to operate a moderately complex computer system and various software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Fidelio and Group Wise.
Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of maturity, patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Physical Requirements (Based on an 10 hour work day)_:
Stand / Walk: __8__ hours a day
Sit: __2__ hours a day
Drive: ____ hours a day
Lift/carry: (Occasionally = 1/3 workday. Frequently = up to 2/3 workday)
0-20 lbs. ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
21-50 lbs. ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
51-100 lbs. X Not at all ? Occasionally ? Frequently
Employee is required to:
Bend: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Squat: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Kneel: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Climb: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Reach above shoulders ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Perform Repetitive Hand Motions: ? Not at all X Occasionally ? Frequently
Other Physical Requirements:
Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
Ability to work rapidly for up to three (3) hours at a time.
Ability to move, pull or push goods on a cart or hand truck weighing up to 75 lbs.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Indoors: ? Not at all ? Occasionally X Frequently
Outdoors: ? Not at all ? Occasionally X Frequently
Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee handbook.
Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the hotel's attendance policy.
Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety and grooming standards.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at will' employment relationship.