Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Digital Marketing Specialist! There is one regular, full-time, benefited opening available.
This position is responsible for managing digital email, SEM, SEO, and social marketing campaigns designed to drive a specific call to action on behalf of the zoo; audiences include but are not limited to general public, members, event ticket buyers, annual giving members, and zoo program participants. This position is responsible for supporting initiatives that impact the zoo’s engagement goals using a variety of digital channels including paid media (SEM, social), email marketing, and organic social. This position under direction will create and execute comprehensive digital email marketing plans within the zoo and will be responsible for tracking, testing, optimizing, and reporting across all initiatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create marketing email strategies for various campaigns including but not limited to: peak season, shoulder season, zoo signature events, and other zoo priorities as assigned.
- Create and edit content for all said emails including working with Creative Studios on visual components along with the zoo’s content team on language.
- Implement strategies for quality email lead acquisition, list management, and email data compliance.
- Coordinate with Marketing Strategy, Digital, Creative, and Content in preparation of marketing campaigns.
- Monitor all digital and social ad platforms for campaign utilization and performance. Analyze campaign performance and report on success or failure of tactics. Recommend changes, enhancements, or elimination of tactics based on performance against campaign goals.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new paid media channels as needed.
- Work with Marketing Manager to oversee all paid social media efforts across zoo departments.
- Research and implement innovative social media applications (i.e. audience targeting, look-a- like audiences, etc.), create overall goals along with execution to accomplish the goals.
- Coordinate all of the zoo’s SEM and SEO efforts impacting marketing, membership, learning and innovation, development, events, and group sales with marketing’s digital agencies.
- Support he execution of email and direct marketing campaigns including loading targeted lists, light HTML, etc.
- Develop metrics and analytics to measure campaign performance to determine the success of each program.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain customized reports to share operational performance with relevant stakeholders.
- Extract existing data to manipulate, calculate, and format into appropriate visual representation of the data that provides the greatest usability.
- Work with Web Manager and ecommerce systems operator to optimize zoo websites for frictionless conversions and lead acquisitions tied to marketing campaign goals.
- Participate in event planning, including assistance in facilitating needs generated by sponsors and promotional partners.
- Support marketing department for marketing events and promotions in regard to sponsorship stewardship from planning to onsite execution.
- Assists in audience research and analysis of zoo audiences for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Staff outside community outreach events and on-grounds marketing events as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field; three (3) or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with MailChimp.
- Ability to employ best practices and seek to improve effectiveness of the position while demonstrating an approach to accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to incorporate different perspectives, and work with diverse populations and stakeholders (staff, partners, volunteers, visitors, etc.).
- Ability to balance multiple tasks by organizing and prioritizing work assignments.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- This position may be required to lift up to 35lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud during Concerts and Jungle Party season.
Pay: $23.12-$27.95 per hour, plus benefits
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.