The Executive Secretary and Executive Administrative Assistant, Senior will provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, and handling information requests, as well as performing routine administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work on high-visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
- May oversee efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Provide administrative support to Airborne Systems Integration (ASI) Division projects.
- Provide reception support: greet visitors and answer or refer inquiries.
- Support conference room scheduling by coordinating requests and resolving schedule conflicts.
- Help prepare documentation to order, inventory, and distribute office supplies.
- Help with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, filing, and collating documents.
- Help process correspondence and naval messages including routing correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Support processing, tracking, and entering travel through use of the Defense Travel System (DTS) including processing travel arrangements, travel vouchers, reconciliations, order requests, and receipts.
- Help with the application for new DTS users for government travel cards and close our cards when no longer required.
- Facilitate and coordinate travel approval through sponsors and internal/external approving authorities.
- Support government travelers by providing information related to travel policy changes and impacts with regard to the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) and additional Department of Defense (DoD), department of the Navy (DON), Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), and local Naval Air Warfare Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) travel directives and guidance.
- Help prepare incoming and outgoing visit requests in Base Access Security Information Control System (BASICS) and Defense Information System for Security (DISS).
- Help prepare and track telephone, NMCI, and office moves through the Base Telephone Office (BTO), NMCI, ad Infrastructure. Business Operations Navy/NAVAIR/NAWC Support (IBONS)
- Support meetings by presenting agendas, documentation, and briefings and by preparing meeting minutes.
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. No specific discipline required.
- An A.S/A.A. plus 4 years of additional, relevant work experience may be substituted for a B.A./B.S. degree.
- High school diploma/GED plus 5 years of additional, relevant work experience may be substituted for a B.A./B.S. degree.
- Over 10 years of experience (at least 5 years must have been within the past 7 years).
- At least 3 years of recent (within the past 5 years) full-time experience using the Defense Travel System (DTS), processing correspondence IAW SECNAV M-5216.5, Department of Navy Correspondence Manual, verifying security status in DISS (formerly known as Joint Personnel Adjudication System [JPAS]) for visit requests, and assisting with BTO phone and NMCI office moves.
- Experience may be concurrent.
- Must be U.S. citizen.
- Must pass a government background investigation for Secret clearance.
- Navy program experience.
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) and Naval Air Warfare Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) experience.
This position is contingent upon award of a contract.
IGH offers a competitive benefits program which includes: Paid PTO days, 401K (4% company match), Company Paid Life Insurance Policy, and comprehensive Health, Vision, Dental and Disability plans.
IGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
IGH is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.