Position Title: Vineyard Operator
Location: Trump Winery - 20 Minutes south of downtown Charlottesville
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday pay, Sick pay, Vacation, 401k with company match of up to 6% company discounts, educational opportunities
Job Type: FT - 40+ hours a week
Wage: $15-$17 per hour
- Vineyard duties including but not limited to planting, pruning, canopy management, trellis installation and repair, and harvesting
- Must be mechanically inclined, to help troubleshoot and ensure the safe operation and maintenance of vineyard equipment.
- Operates agricultural equipment including implements, tractors, sprayers, ATV, forklifts, etc.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ensure a continuous clean workplace
- Demonstrate a positive, can do attitude and communication skills that fit well within a team environment.
- Ability to take direction
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Understand and comply with any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Manage priorities and workflow
- Keep track of PPE needs, i.e. gloves, dust masks, etc
- High School Graduate or G.E.D or related work experience.
- Required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees and managers.
- Basic math skills required: counting, measuring, addition, and subtraction
- Problem solving, reasoning, and “thinking out of the box” will be a constant requirement; in addition, applying common sense understanding to better serve employee and manger needs.
- Works on feet for eight hours a day. Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times. Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
- Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
- Forklift Certified, Pesticide and Work Place Safety Training Class
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish may be required in order to perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge of computing skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft 365)
See why we've been named 'one of the best places to work in Charlottesville'. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Fantastic benefits including paying 80% of medical and dental premiums
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k eligibility after one year with match up to 6%
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise and hotels
- Training opportunities
- 2 paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local lawTrump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).