Position Title: Equipment Operator (Vineyard Operations)
Location: Trump Winery - 20 Minutes south of downtown Charlottesville
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday pay, Sick pay, Vacation, 401k with company match of up to 6%, company discounts, educational opportunities
Job Type: FT - 40+ hours a week
Wage: $15-$17 per hour
- Operates agricultural equipment including implements, tractors, sprayers, ATV, forklifts, etc.
- Must be mechanically inclined, to help troubleshoot and ensure the safe operation and maintenance of vineyard equipment.
- Ability to take direction
- Understand and comply with any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ensure a continuous clean workplace
- Demonstrate a positive, can do attitude and communication skills that fit well within a team environment.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Manage priorities and workflow
- Keep track of PPE needs, i.e. gloves, dust masks, etc
- Additional duties may include various vineyard duties including but not limited to planting, pruning, canopy management, trellis installation and repair, and harvesting
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- 3 or more years experience operating heavy equipment; farming and agricultural equipment preferred
- Forklift Certified, Pesticide and WorkPlace Safety Training Class
- Basic math skills required: counting, measuring, addition, and subtraction
- Required to read and comprehend instructions.
- Works on feet for eight hours a day. Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times.
- Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
- Fluent in English (verbal and written); spoken Spanish helpful
- Knowledge of computing skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft 365)
See why we've been named 'one of the best places to work in Charlottesville'. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Fantastic benefits including paying 80% of medical and dental premiums
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k eligibility after one year with match up to 6%
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise and hotels
- Training opportunities
- 2 paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).