Responsible for providing a high level of assistance and support to the Government Guaranteed Lending Department (GGL), which includes both SBA and USDA business loan transactions. Individuals in this position should possess some working knowledge of SBA SOP lending principles, practices and procedures and have a solid understanding of business lending compliance rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand and adhere to the Bank's Loan Policy, the SBA SOP and other business lending compliance rules and regulations.
• Typically, will manage a portfolio of 30 to 50 clients
• Servicing all types of government guaranteed loans to maintain compliance with Bank/SBA/USDA policies.
• Maintain existing SBA portfolio by monitoring tickler items, required financials, etc. to ensure compliance with bank and government policies.
• Respond to all client inquiries and requests regarding releases, subordinations, and substitutions of collateral, moratoriums, and loan payoff demand requests.
• Monitor SBA/USDA portfolio for delinquencies.
• Assist customers as needed to package and present new SBA Request to risk for their approval.
• Partner with Business/Consumer Loan Ops department staff to create best practices and solutions for process and policy enhancements.
• Work closely with SBA Credit team in providing reporting to Risk Committee and Senior Management as needed.
• Seeks opportunities to grow relationships, working within the prescribed framework of the Bank's policies and procedures to offer flexible and competitive banking solutions.
• Maintains constructive and positive working relationships with bank customers and their representatives, as well as referral sources, retail branch partners and SBA Development Officers.
• Complete SBA file reviews on existing and new SBA loans.
• Complete annual reviews on existing SBA loans.
• Complete loan presentations /cash flow analysis for servicing requests.
• Monitor the financial tracking system.
• Help as needed on various projects and process improvements.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner via multiple forms of media.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• A two-year degree from an accredited University or equivalent industry training or experience related to business lending, processing and compliance required, a four year degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Up to 3 years related experience with business loan and legal documentation and the business lending process.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Windows and Microsoft Office software.