As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed. This privately held company has been in business since 1992 and is experiencing strong growth year after year.
As part of the Supply Chain Team, the Demand Planner plays a key role in driving service level improvements to our customers by managing the development and implementation of accurate demand planning, forecasting and replenishing the Corporate Product Portfolio.
The focus of this job is on producing accurate, high quality, detailed work based on established standards and procedures. Helpful and supportive communication with others is based on knowledge of job procedures gained from experience and coaching from management. The job environment is fast-paced but promotes steady, methodical work output. This role is designed to develop a valued technical expert who can deliver quality, error free work on a consistent basis.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Develops, evaluates results, and recommends improvements in forecasting, demand planning, and inventory control for a cost-effective, high quality supply chain.
- Creates and maintains service levels, lead times, safety stock and trend analysis in the ERP system.
- Gathers and analyzes data including sales and promotional activity, historic trends, seasonality, and uses independent judgement to understand the impact on demand and achieve forecast alignment.
- Analyzes and manages inventory levels and recommended order quantities for order placement to ensure product is available to meet customer service level commitments.
- Develops inventory strategies on existing stock and non-stock items, new products, and product phase outs.
- Drives in stock and inventory turns.
- Compiles and analyzes monthly and quarterly sales results and tracks performance against forecasted quantities to adjust when needed and provide recommendations to Sales and Marketing teams on variances.
- Creates master schedules and production plans related to the position.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of analytics/forecasting/demand planning experience, or the equivalent of a combination of 7 years of education and related experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with a focus on Excel (pivot tables and VLOOKUPS).
- Hands on experience working in Inventory Management Systems, ERP, or CRM software.
- Working knowledge of inventory models, forecasting methods, and inventory control procedures.
- Ability to apply best practice Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Strong mathematical/statistical abilities and problem solving/analytical skills.
- Metric and deadline-driven with ability to organize and manage multiple, shifting priorities.
- Able to prioritize and work independently with basic guidelines from management.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on collaboration with various levels of the organization.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages and quarterly bonus opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options.
- 401(k) with generous company contributions.
- Paid time off, personal time, paid holidays, and flexible/remote work schedules.
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary life, accident, critical illness, and long-term disability insurance.
- Company-wide cookouts, pot-lucks, and work-day events.
- On-site fitness center, free parking and dog-friendly.
- Opportunities for career enhancements through training and educational programs.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; requires color and close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift and/or move weight over 50 pounds without assistance.
This role requires the individual to understand, remember, apply or communicate moderately complex information and problems, and collaborate and explore alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal communications and compose materials such as detailed reports, forms and letters; and compute, analyze and interpret moderately complex statistical data for reporting purposes and/or to develop forecasts.
Pocket Nurse® is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).