Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a full-time Office Associate!
This position provides reception, receiving, meeting scheduling and general light clerical support to the zoo. This position is located in the Administrative complex and is the main call center for the zoo seven days a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the zoo’s initial contact for reception and receiving.
- Receive and route incoming calls for the zoo Administration’s main lines.
- Respond to and assist the public, outside customers, contractors and vendors, as well as internal zoo employees with questions and/or requests for assistance.
- Receive, sort, and route daily USPS, departmental, and unit mail along with other receivables (membership applications, donations, etc.) to proper units.
- Prepare outgoing mail and shipments for delivery.
- Receive and schedule meeting space bookings for internal meetings, both annually and daily, using EBMS (booking software) and Outlook.
- Update member/donor addresses in Raiser’s Edge database from address returns and/or phone calls.
- Program fax, copy and postage machines as required while also maintaining and obtaining supplies and service as needed for these machines.
- Coordinate, order and maintain office supplies and furniture as needed or requested.
- Help keep relevant files, directories, and other general zoo information accessible and up to date.
- Provide administrative support as needed and/or requested to various units in the administrative complex.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent phone, email and interpersonal customer service skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Enthusiastic and proactive work style with an appreciation for helping people.
- Ability to collaborate well with all levels of employees and managers across the organization.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to be extremely detail-oriented and accurate when performing routine work.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and regularly multi-task and quickly change direction or focus while meeting daily deadlines in a cheerful and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, and independently with little supervision.
- Reliable and punctual with the ability to adhere to a precise daily schedule.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which will include one weekend day, and may include some holidays.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office applications; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be able to work with customized databases and technology, and conduct internet research.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay: $18.10 per hour, plus benefits
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.