We are looking for ENERGETIC, TEAM PLAYERS, and CUSTOMER-FOCUSED DRIVERS!
Minnesota’s Best 2021 Gold Winner!
Star Tribune Reader’s Choice
Voted Best Trash and Recycling Hauler in MN!
Stay On Bonus available up to $6,000!!!
Apply today to join the Walters Recycling Team!
Job Title: CDL Driver-Commercial Front-Load Driver
Location: Blaine, MN
Non-exempt: Full time, day shift with overtime
Pay Range: $22-27 (approximately $59,000 - $75,000 total with overtime & bonuses)
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 compressed natural gas (CNG) and Diesel Trucks and over 70,000 customers
About the role:
The Commercial Front Load Driver is assigned to a designated route each workday. The responsibilities are to complete a service pick-up at each customer designated on the daily route.
Commercial Drivers operate a front-load truck to service commercial routes removing and transporting waste or recyclables to designated dump facilities. This position will service approximately 100 to 150 commercial customers per day according to the assigned routes. As a Commercial Driver, you will be required to get out of the truck at EVERY stop to move a container to and from the truck to dump it safely.
- Class A or B CDL License
- With no air brake restriction.
- Clean Driving Record
- Mapping Skills
- 21 years of age or older & eligible to work in the US.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 100 lbs occasionally, bending, twisting, repetitive motion, and sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation, and physical assessment.
- Ability to get in and out of the truck at every stop to move the container in place to safely dump
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- State-of-the-art onboard routing software, industry-leading safety training, driver recognition program, uniforms, and boot allowance.
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- 401K with Employer Match
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- Free Trash Pickup if within the service area
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.