This position provides clerical for the Human Resources department. Primary duties are; maintaining the file room to ensure timely filing, record retention, organization, and file security; processing personnel actions, research of previous personnel actions, clerical duties (i.e. receiving telephone inquiries and customers), preparing presentations and reports using Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel and PowerPoint, and entering data into an informational system. Additional duties include: preparing meeting minutes, scheduling meetings, data entry within the Employee Health database filing system, and provided support to the Human Resources department staff and others as needed or directed.
- Maintains files for HR sections; employee personnel, employee benefits, and employee health. Ensures timely filing and record retention. Follows library check out system for files and follows security measures to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, professional demeanor and image while greeting and addressing employees and visitors. Provides assistance to employees and visitors by answering questions in a knowledgeable manner and providing appropriate forms to meet the objective(s) of the inquiry.
- Assists in answering multi-line phone calls, takes accurate messages, and routes calls and messages to appropriate staff member.
- Assists in providing clerical support to HR staff by maintaining meeting calendars, scheduling meetings and appointments, typing correspondence, preparing travel arrangements, preparing files, providing temporary staff coverage, and completing projects.
- Assists in processing new or transferring employees by administering drug tests, issuing identification badges, processing finger printing, verifying and designating building (ID badge) access as directed by employees’ immediate supervisor, processing personnel action forms, guides employees in appropriately completing forms.
- Performs research efforts and prepares PowerPoint presentations through the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer and/or HR department employees.
- Assists in entering department requisitions, orders, and/or invoices into the procurement system for timely processing.
- Prepares Excel spreadsheets to track and maintain various human resource data.
- Prepares reports and enters data through various informational software systems.
- Assists in preparing new hire paperwork including I-9, benefits summary, payroll packet, drug test, health screening forms and other applicable documents.
- Must be comfortable interacting with and potentially influencing many levels of management both within the organization and with outside customers.
- Must be able to comply with all TCRHCC hospital policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is mostly sedentary, but demands prolonged ability standing, push/pull, talking and hearing. Must be able to intermittently to frequently be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle or feel with in or to do work. The work may require the ability to carry items such as books, papers, and related documents or files. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up 10 to50 pounds as needed. Work requires the ability to hear alarms, client calls, overhead pages, and instructions for physician/department staff. Vision requirements include close, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as needed. Repetitive motion actions required is prolonged use of both foot control; both hands; both hands with grasping simple/light, firm/heavy; and, ability to use both hands for fine dexterity.
Must be able to prioritize and use good judgment; and be able to coordinate a variety of issues with intermittent interruptions.
The position does require being able to work in outdoor weather conditions under extreme heat on occasion as needed. It also requires working in wet, humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fume or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; Extreme cold (non-weather). Noise level of work environmental is typically moderate.