The Business Banking Sales Manager will be responsible for leading our distinguished team of Business Banking Officers in developing and maintaining banking relationship needs with business customers. The Business Banking Sales Manager will ensure that business accounts are retained, that client relationships are appropriately serviced, and that all activities within the institution’s commercial banking line of business are effectively managed to best meet customer needs. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing/leading sales and marketing strategies in support of the Bank’s products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and drives the development of new and existing business relationships; leads an experienced team in their actions of selling and servicing banking and loan products.
- Implements well-defined strategy to best serve business customers and to drive sales production; works closely with the Marketing Department to generate and target potential lines of business.
- Generates new commercial business through various sales activities including but not limited to outside calling, networking, events, online sales techniques, and referral partnerships.
- Represents the Bank in community functions to build and/or expand customer relationships.
- Fosters and maintains customer loyalty and brand awareness that creates value for our customers.
- Establishes departmental and individual goals related to sale and relationship activity; supports and motivates Business Banking Officers in salesmanship and project management.
- Maintains staffing demands; may recruit, train, and/or coach business banking employees.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and support for members of the business banking team.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to businesses; generates recommendations and solutions to meet needs.
- Prioritizes and builds on their knowledge of the business climate by establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies and/or workshops as appropriate.
- Assists in the negotiation of large or complex business accounts.
- Partners with senior management in the development of policies and procedures; ensures team maintains business portfolios in observance of company practices and compliance regulations.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of banking products and services in daily work.
- May have some impact on departmental budgeting and strategic planning.
- Performs other duties as necessary working closely with executive leadership.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in finance, business, banking, or accounting from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience in a sales role desired.
• Supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Advanced keyboarding and ten-key skills
• Travel may be required based on business need
Other Desired Qualifications
• Exceptional time management and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Must maintain a professional and polite demeanor when carrying out daily work
• Knowledge of banking policies and procedures