CUSO Financial Services, L.P. is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our fun and successful organization. Our company culture fosters and encourages innovation and growth by promoting openness, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position will be responsible for processing journal entries and assisting in month-end closing and annual audits.
Position duties include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with other departments to gather pertinent data for month-end close
- Prepare month-end close journal entries and upload into Sage 300 ERP accounting system
- Maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Perform reconciliations of commission system data to the general ledger
- Prepare audit support and perform other tasks related to external audits
- Ensure Property, Sales and other Corporate taxes are prepared and filed timely
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Prepare monthly fluctuation analyses including explanation of variances
- Respond to accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Prepare monthly KPI’s
- Assist with preparation of reports for fee reimbursement from clearing brokers
- Process A/P & A/R on a backup basis
- Perform fixed income reconciliation daily
- Support the organization’s mission and values
- Keep consistent office hours at the San Diego home office
- Other projects and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and minimum 2 years of experience as staff accountant.
- Financial services industry related experience preferred.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, and preferably ADP, AccPac.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work, ensuring deadlines are met.
Our offices throughout the country are the most effective environment for us to support and partner with financial professionals. At the same time, the health and safety of our team is our highest priority. Our COVID-19 Task Force actively monitors and tracks he ongoing status in each of our office locations, ensuring consistency with CDC guidelines and providing a safe and healthy work environment for our team members.
CUSO Financial Services, L.P. offers a rewarding career path and potential for advancement as well as good benefits and a solid work/life balance. Our collaborative culture offers community through shared goals and strong work ethics.
CUSO recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego and one of San Diego’s Healthiest Companies. As a result, we have many long-term employees who know our processes and efficiency goals so you will get to work with knowledgeable experts and top talent who believe in leading the industry through a high tech/high touch approach. To learn more about CFS, please visit www.cusonet.com.
Why work at Atria?
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Vision insurance
- Retirement savings 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Critical illness insurance
- Veterinary pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Legal plan
Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. (Atria) is a wealth management solutions holding company focused on delivering a clear path to the future of financial advice for financial professionals, financial institutions and their clients. Headquartered in New York City, Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries empower financial institutions and independent financial professionals with a sophisticated set of tools, services, and capabilities that deepen client relationships and maximize efficiencies in their practices.
Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries include CUSO Financial Services, L.P., Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC, Cadaret Grant & Co., Inc., NEXT Financial Group, Inc., Western International Securities, Inc., and SCF Securities, Inc. Atria’s subsidiaries together support nearly 2,500 financial professionals and over 200 financial institutions with nearly $100 billion of assets under administration. For more information, please visit www.atriawealth.com.
It’s time for the next step in your career. Apply now.