FINANCE DIRECTOR - CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Job Title: Finance Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: City Manager
Work Hours: Monday – Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; occasional nights and weekends may be required.
Hiring Range: $70,000 - $90,000 (negotiable, depending on qualifications)
Closing Date: November 1, 2021 or until filled
The City of Trinity, NC is seeking an experienced, finance professional with strong interpersonal skills to oversee the City's Finance Department.
Key areas of responsibility include Capital Improvement Planning, Budgeting, Strategic Planning and Grant Administration. In addition to overseeing the day-to-day accounting, payroll, purchasing and disbursement, employee performs specialized accountant and supervisory level work for the City and oversees the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets. The employee must exercise significant judgment and initiative in identifying and resolving the daily problems and activities of the fiscal control system and in performing advanced financial analysis work. Other duties include:
• Communicates with and advises department heads and other departmental staff on budget and expenditures.
• Prepares/reviews federal and State financial reports and grants
• Manages the preparation of payments for debt service.
• Assembles statistical and accounting data on request.
• Generates special reports and statements for City management as requested; performs special financial analysis tasks.
Work is performed in accordance with established City finance procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, local ordinances, and North Carolina General Statutes governing the responsibilities of local government fiscal operations under the North Carolina Fiscal Control Act.
Qualifications: Any equivalent combination of education and experience equal to a four-year college degree in accounting and one or more years of progressively responsible professional experience in public sector accounting. Possession of a valid North Carolina Driver's License.
Preferred: NC Finance Officer Certification
ABOUT THE CITY OF TRINITY - The City of Trinity is centrally located in North Carolina, approximately 15 minutes from downtown Greensboro and is home to approximately 6,700 residents. Trinity provides a full range of municipal services to a growing community. The annual budget is approximately six million dollars.
The City of Trinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence.
The City of Trinity offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• Medical, Dental and Life insurance for individual employees provided at 100%; competitive rates for dependent coverage
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Paid holidays (10 per year)
• Membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees' Retirement System