Love Animals? Want to have a positive impact on the planet? Come join the Woodland Park Zoo as a Donor Relations Coordinator! There is one regular, full-time, benefited opening available.
This position is responsible for providing general support to the Donor Relations team, with targeted support around the zoo’s annual Jungle Party, including auction item procurement and redemption, and general support to fundraising, stewardship and campaign events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and organize Jungle Party annual auction procurement campaign, including soliciting and researching potential auction items, in-kind donations, preparing procurement proposals, recruiting, and cultivating auction items from major donors, and tracking and communicating campaign progress, writing descriptions, and creating certificates. Create unique bidding opportunities as the need arises.
- Procure approximately $300,000 worth of unique items, making up 200+ auction packages to be auctioned off at the zoo’s annual Jungle Party.
- Provide high level customer service with prospective donors particularly when it comes to filling out procurement forms and provide timely follow-up.
- Organize and process auction items from board members, the general public, and zoo staff, including entering data in auction software, packaging of items, writing narrative and sequencing all items, and maintaining filing system as appropriate and tagging all items. Lead and partner with the Jungle Party office volunteers on all things related to procurement solicitation and organizing.
- This position will work collaboratively with the development staff on live auction procurement.
- Collaborate with department leadership on bolstering procurement engagement with the Jungle Party Executive Committee.
- Support the Jungle Party Chair(s) in procuring auction items and assist with procurement related activities as it relates to the zoo’s Board of Directors.
- Direct procurement volunteers and oversee their solicitation process by providing regular communication, solicitation materials and motivational tools.
- Provide reports, share procurement materials, and make phone calls when appropriate.
- Provide content for the live and super silent items for the catalog.
- Coordinate photography of tangible items and the use of these photos and images within the auction software.
- Provide auction package content for the website.
- Work with zoo staff and Jungle Party volunteer team leads to develop table layout inside tents and create attractive auction item displays; assist volunteer auditors to ensure all items have arrived and are in correct locations.
- Ensure delivery of all items prior to auction and coordinate pick up of auction packages with the bidder after the auction.
- Coordinate auction zoo experience package redemptions and act as liaison between donor, major gift staff, animal management, and events as needed. Coordinate live auction item redemption by acting in a concierge capacity for booking of various components of the items, such as flights, hotels, experiences, etc.
- Maintain procurement budget to include wine donations, catering, airfare, and other miscellaneous costs to bolster packages in the auction.
- Assist with labor-intensive work for Jungle Party week, including but not limited to set up and clean up.
- Run reports for staff and volunteers to use on the night of the event.
- Assist volunteers with auction item pick up as well item display needs.
- Support the fundraising, stewardship, and campaign events.
- Provide high-quality customer service to existing and potential donors; develop knowledge of zoo’s donors over time.
- Attend and participate in all staff and executive committees for events, and weekly team meetings when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's (B. A. or B.S.) degree from an accredited four-year college or university, two (2) or more years of experience in fundraising, volunteer management, event planning or project management work; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of planning events.
- Experience with volunteers and/or committees.
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with professionalism.
- Demonstrated organization skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and remain flexible to changing tasks.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully both as a team member and independently.
- Ability to work with the public and provide excellent levels of customer service to diverse customers.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- This position may be required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Pay: $55,000 per year, plus benefits.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.