Walters Recycling & Refuse is now hiring for Diesel Technicians.
***Stay on Bonus up to $6,000***
Quarterly Bonuses up to $525
1st and 2nd shift Available
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and over 70,000 customers.
About the Role:
The Diesel Technician will be responsible to inspect and perform preventative maintenance services for diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collections vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance services. (PM services A-D)
- Inspect, including but not limited to diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collection vehicles, semi-tractor/trailer units, heavy loader equipment, service vehicles, and roll-off trucks.
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems.
- Communication and customer service.
- Must have all the required basic mechanic tools, will provide tool reimbursement bonus upon completion of the first year and required training.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Learning new skills through Walter’s world-class training program.
- Computer skills, concerning parts/labor/time management
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Communication and customer service
- Ability to solve complex problems and work through issues using provided technical support.
- Must have valid driver’s license and the ability and want to obtain a CDL within first year of employment with Walter’s Recycling & Refuse.
- Obtain your ASE T8 certification (Preventative Maintenance Inspection-PMI) within 6 months
- WILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN WORLD CLASS TRAINING TO PROGRESS YOUR CAREER WITHIN WALTER’S RECYCLING & REFUSE
- Lifting to 50 lbs.
- Willing to work in the non-climate-controlled environment.
- Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation, and physical assessment.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - based on completing training Program for PM level 1 and increases as progression follows.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- LegalShield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid on-the-job Training up to $3,000 per year.
- Yearly Boot Allowance and Company Uniforms.
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.