We are seeking lifeguards to fill out daytime/Monday-Friday shifts!
Have no previous lifeguard experience? No problem! We will train you upon hiring!
We are also hiring for Lagoon Keeper - a lagoon maintenance position. This is an entry-level job that we can easily train you in, with no previous experience. If you want to grow in your role and become experienced in aquatic maintenance, we are here to help you build up to that!
Note: SWIMMING SKILLS IS A MUST. Applicant must be able to swim 8 laps of the pool non-stop.
EXTRA PERKS: If you are an employee in good standing, there is opportunity to travel for a few weeks at a time to our different resort locations in Nashville, Orlando, Dallas, Hawaii, etc.
This is the perfect job for:
- Students taking a gap year/deciding next career steps
- College students
- Retirees looking to make extra money
Join a fun team all while Making a Difference and learning skills that could last you a lifetime! The Sole Mia Lagoon is the largest crystal clear lagoon in the Southeast.
Job Site: Sole Mia
Job Category: Facility Operations
Location: Miami, FL
Hourly Range: $13.00-$15.00 per Hour
Position Type: Part-Time/Non-Exempt
Travel Required: No
Minimum Prerequisite: ILTP Lifeguard License or Equivalent
Will Train Applicant: Yes
Education: Enrolled/Graduated High School or Equivalent
I. JOB SUMMARY
Provide general oversight, “Gold Standard” safety, and excellent customer service for guests/swimmers frequenting aquatic facilities and attractions operated by Jeff Ellis Management, LLC
II. DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lifeguards must consistently perform the following duties:
- Maintain vigilance of guests/swimmers by consistently scanning swimmer protection zones to maintain the E&A “10/20 Protection Rule”
- Enforce safety rules, riding instructions and regulations for the safety of guests/swimmers
- Render aid by rescuing distressed swimmers
- Provide first aid and emergency care for guest/swimmers who suffer injuries or sudden illness
- Provide a warm and inviting atmosphere when assisting guests
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
To perform the job successfully an individual must 15 years of age or older and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Lifeguard must be able to continuously swim a distance of 200 yards (without resting) using the front crawl and/or breaststroke, tread water, and recover a 10-pound weight from a specified depth.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Positive Attitude
- Team Mentality
IV. REQUIRED TRAINING/EXPERIENCE
Lifeguard must possess ILTP license or pass an ILTP training program
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.