An exciting opportunity for those in Loan Servicing! This Loan Servicing I position will be responsible for all servicing-related loan transaction records, including but not limited to payment application and history, escrow transactions, customer inquiries, complaint resolution, credit bureau reporting, investor records and regulatory compliance. The incumbent will serve as a resource to the frontline for loan servicing questions and must deliver an Incredible Customer Experience (I.C.E.), proactive communication, and support to all stakeholders.
A high degree of resourcefulness and accuracy is required in this position to ensure the bank does not incur financial losses due to incomplete or inaccurate information.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understands and complies with bank policy, laws, regulations and the bank's BSA/AML Program.
• Ensures accuracy of the loan terms and conditions reflected within the bank’s core operating system and related systems.
• Makes certain of accurate and timely posting of all loan account transactions.
• Validates accuracy of general ledger accounts affected by servicing related loan transaction activity.
• Provides file reviews related to Customer Identification Program (CIP).
• Holds responsibility for accurate and timely processing of loan participation transactions.
• Provides accurate and timely payoff quotes and paid loan processing.
• Processes accurate and timely account verifications and responses to customer inquiries.
• Handles certain aspects of credit bureau reporting including compliant and timely response to credit disputes and complaints.
• Balances and files claims for Credit Life and Accident & Health Insurance accounts.
• Ensures accurate and timely real estate property tax reporting.
• Providing accurate and timely reporting to bank investors to include validating investor settlement related accounting transactions.
• Keeps maintenance of an effective and efficient escrow accounting process including, but not limited to, annual and short-year analysis, escrow interest applications, escrow deposits and escrow disbursements.
• Monitoring escrow transactions related to collateral damaged insurance claims and effectively facilitating the disbursements.
• Processing timely disbursements of construction loan advances.
• 1-3 years of related professional experience preferred.
• Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or equivalent industry training or experience related to mortgage lending, processing and compliance.
• Have knowledge of core processing systems, Microsoft Office, Windows, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Database software and loan origination software.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Skill to thrive in a demanding atmosphere.
• Capable to coordinate multiple and changing tasks and priorities.
• Ability to support and implement change.