Design, build, and implement network systems across the enterprise. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, corporate servers, associated software, and communication links. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions. Other duties or projects, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization’s LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
2. Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
3. Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
4. Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
5. Review Roadmaps for the network to ensure direction and interoperability of the network.
6. Design, install, and configure routers, switches, firewalls, and other network equipment.
7. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
8. Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
9. Review Roadmaps for the network to ensure direction and interoperability.
10. Plan and manage budgeting for network hardware and software procurement.
11. Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
12. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
13. Develop and implement policies for network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, related
documentation, and technical specifications information.
14. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and associated training for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster
15. Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
16. Provide guidance, training and support for junior members of the team. #ind1