The Spa Manager provides overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the Spa Team Members as it strives to provide the highest quality in standards and services. This position will offer strategic leadership expertise that ensures an effective and efficient Spa operation, to include the following functions: massage, aesthetician services, and fitness center. The Spa Manger is responsible for driving sales and overseeing the execution/implementation of key business initiatives for the company. They oversee the day-to-day activities of our Spa to ensure our guests are consistently treated to an impeccable guest service experience, and that the operations run smoothly, efficiently, and profitably. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
- Understands and executes Edgewood’s Vision and Mission while executing our core Values and delivering upon our Forbes standards.
- Addresses any service and engagement gaps through coaching and counselling.
- Shows initiative, problem solving, staff training, and team leading.
- Works with Marketing to manage and create content for specials, spa event planning, and other special events to support Edgewood.
- Consistently develops, promotes and grows retail sales and services through training, tools and monitoring.
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring appointments, day visitors and treatment bookings, flash reports and monthly and annual budget; analyzing variances, and maximizing results in the area of sales, merchandising and operations.
- Analyzes monthly goals to create work schedules to ensure business targets and sales are being met.
- Promotes personal training, classes and secondary spend areas where appropriate.
- Liaise with third party providers to increase brand awareness and revenue stream.
- Ensures full compliance to Spa operating controls, SOP’s, policies, & procedures.
- Check spa and fitness equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Scheduling and overseeing maintenance and repairs in individual rooms and common areas. Initiate and maintain a well-developed flow of communication with facilities.
- Guides business decisions by staying on top of Spa industry trends.
- Liaise with other Heads of Department/Supervisors where necessary to ensure spa packages, bookings, functions, etc. run smoothly and meet the needs of the guests.
- Ensures consistent and timely opening and closing of the Spa ensuring the security of the Spa facility at the close of each day in line with company requirements.
- Enforces all cash handling, check cashing, and credit policies as outlined in department SOP’s.
- Follow all inventory guidelines for retail sales and maintain inventory controls.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by maintaining appropriate stock.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Observe environmentally friendly practices.
- Hire and maintain staff as outlined in our staffing compendium.
- All staff in the spa will need to be licensed for the services they provide and follow all regulatory requirements as outline by the state.
- Participate in continuing education classes to maintain current knowledge of industry.
- Ensure all therapists are fully trained and competent to undertake the treatments offered.
- Conduct performance reviews as outlined in the company policies directed by HR.
- Monitors operations to ensure compliance with applicable health, safety, or hygiene standards.
- Ensures risk assessments are written for all areas of the spa and for all procedures, along with associated safe operating procedures.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the facility through Spa Edgewood “Commitment to Cleanliness” with continuous cleaning and sanitation of the various areas of the spa as outlined in department SOP, as well as, following department checklists for opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures all spa staff are trained and receives regular updates on all risk assessments and safe operating procedures.
- Ensures health questionnaires are completed prior to administering beauty treatments and that individual client treatment records are maintained for all guests.
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.