|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of HR, this business partner handles a variety of HR generalist duties for a specific geographic region, including, but not limited to, recruitment and retention, benefits implementation, salary administration, employee relations and training.
- Oversees and assists managers with recruitment, hiring and onboarding to ensure highly qualified and diverse candidates are recruited, hiring practices are legally sound, and new employees are well oriented to the Company.
- Ensures that performance management practices provide a fair assessment of performance, and drive improvement in a learning organization.
- Works with corporate HR to ensure regional compensation is internally equitable, externally competitive and aligned with the Company's structure, objectives and financial resources.
- Works with corporate HR to assist with the overall design of our corporate benefit package, one off unique benefits projects, and the implementation of our annual open enrollment process.
- Works with regional management and corporate HR to identify training needs. Designs and implements ongoing e-learning curriculum such that training goals and objectives are aligned with corporate/operational goals. Works with individual states to obtain grants and other available funding for Company training programs.
- Provides forward-looking counsel, coaching and creative solutions to managers and employees. Efforts are focused on improving work relationships, building morale, and increasing productivity to promote a healthy work environment.
- Provides Labor Relations support for the company's unionized facilities including advising & supporting management on any grievances and or contract negotiations.
- Ensures consistency in employee relations practices through soundly developed and documented processes, procedures, and tools, managing investigations and ensuring that the organization responds promptly to all complaints and issues.
- Maintains and expands one's own knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws/ regulations affecting human resources management; interpreting appropriate laws and policies and advising management and employees accordingly.
- Stays abreast of developments in the field of HR and participates in professional organizations/meetings to understand trends and recommend new approaches to ensure best practices are implemented within the organization.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned or directed.
Our successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Management or similar related disciplines; 5-7 years of progressive experience as an HR Business Partner working in union and non-union environments; strong knowledge of the principles and practices of Labor and Employment law as well as having union avoidance experience. Prefer candidates who are bi-lingual (Spanish). Must effectively communicate cross-functionally and at all levels of the company with the ability to champion and implement programs in concert with corporate goals. Able to take the lead and initiative on projects and work responsibly with little supervision or direction. Prefer a skilled generalist with experience in recruiting, employee relationss and compensation as well as the ability to perform financial analysis as applied to budgets, union contract costs and benefit programs.