1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2. Must be licensed to practice as an RN in the State of Wisconsin
3. Understands the legal aspects of nursing under the nurse practice act of the State of Wisconsin
4. Must possess leadership abilities, effective communication skills, organization and willingness to cooperate with other departments in the facility
5. Must be able to make decisions in an emergency situation such as fire, tornado, change of resident condition
6. Must be physically able to waist lift up to a maximum of 50# with frequent waist lifting of objects weighing up to 20#. Must be able to push objects with a maximum effort of 25#.
7. Must be able to stand or walk for 4-6 hours in an 8 hour day.
8. Must be able to frequently bend, squat and twist body during an 8 hour day.
9. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
1. May be subject to bruises and scratches from residents striking out.
2. May be exposed to infections and odors.
3. Involved in tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or mucous membranes on a daily routine basis.
1. Assesses the resident upon admission, discharge and on an on-going basis for nursing needs.
2. Interacts with resident, family members, guardians, or other responsible parties to establish goals to achieve the individual resident’s optimal level of functioning
3. Utilizes established health care goals, physician’s order sand nursing assessments to initiate an individual plan of care
4. Follows established procedures to facilitate timely implementation of physician orders
5. Administers medications and treatments to residents. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and treatments, the side effects, desired outcomes of medications and treatments and resident reaction to them.
6. Perform lab tests, monitors lab results and communicates results to physician as necessary
7. Applies scientific knowledge in performing nursing procedures and techniques based on established principles and facility policies
8. Reviews the care plan on a regular basis to ensure that resident goals are relevant and realistic for the individual resident, recommends changes and implements changes as necessary.
9. Delegates specific tasks to other care providers to ensure effective implementation of plan of care
10. Completes weekly care summaries for individual residents through efficient use of care plan and CNA charting
11. Reviews CNA charting for timely completion and accuracy
12. Monitors resident’s conditions through effective assessment of symptoms, reactions and outcomes and records appropriately on designated forms. Is responsible to contact attending physicians and designated responsible parties as necessary to report changes of condition
13. Assists with residents education and rehabilitation to promote optimum mental and physical health
14. Promotes therapeutic relationships with residents, families, nursing, ancillary departments and community agencies
15. Teaches and supervises nursing personnel for whom he/she has been assigned responsibility
16. Provides an environment conductive to resident and employee personal growth and development
17. Demonstrates leadership abilities to ensure effective implementation of the nursing process and quality, safe resident care
18. Ensures compliance with Residents Rights as directed by policy and legal standards
19. Demonstrates knowledge of facility disaster procedures and functions according to established facility policies
20. Ensures resident’s dignity by daily quality assurance tours of the facility
21. Reports needs of nursing department to the Director of Nursing.
22. Any and all other duties assigned by Director Of Nursing or Administrator for the purpose of quality resident care
23. Works every other weekend and is “on-call” the weekend scheduled to work
24. Supervises CNAs