The Fixed Income Trader is responsible for the trading of all fixed income products including treasury securities, agencies, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, mortgage-backed securities, structured notes, market linked CD's and brokerage CD's. The trader must demonstrate strong analytical, quantitative, technological, communication and relationship building skills all while operating in a fast-paced high stress environment. Additionally, the trader must be knowledgeable of and able to discuss current market and economic conditions. This position requires the trader to be proficient using multiple programs, technologies, and electronic trading platforms such as, Bloomberg, ICE Bond Point, The Muni Center, NETX 360, Microsoft Excel and Word. Most importantly the position requires the trader to work closely with financial advisors who tend to lean heavily on the knowledge, relationships and expertise of the desk when considering the complexities and features of fixed income products along with the unique needs of their clients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be apprised of current market and economic conditions.
- Stay informed on regulatory changes and challenges.
- Assist advisors in finding bond offerings that satisfy the client's unique parameters.
- Construct sample bond ladders and check a month portfolio for advisors.
- Purchase or sell bonds to the street at the request of the advisors.
- Input all fixed income trades into the Pershing/Fidelity systems.
- Compile and review daily fixed income trade blotter.
- Complete any necessary error reports.
- Review weekly CD offerings and monthly rate updates for the website.
- Review all trading related content on the website.
- Review daily regulatory reports against the trade blotter (TRACE and MSRB).
- Generate monthly marketing reports and content for The Edge.
- Build and maintain competitive relationships with other fixed income dealers.
- Review new technologies for the fixed income desk.
- Perform fixed income pre trade regulatory responsibilities (product review, best execution, and material events disclosures).
- Develop and manage fixed income marketing campaign.
- Fixed income product research.
- Compile and review monthly regulatory reports (FINRA TRACE & MSRB)
- Compile and review daily and monthly fixed income reports for management.
- Update department procedures when applicable.
- Perform tasks assigned by the Trading Manager and/or Assistant Manager.