$1000 Sign-on bonus!!!!!!
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including:
• Competitive salaries based on experience & credentials
• Health, Dental and Life Insurance
• Paid Tuition for Continuing Education (CDA program offered!)
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Career Advancement
• Opportunity to earn the Guiding Stars of Duval bonus!
Provides a warm, nurturing, stimulating, safe and loving environment where each child has the opportunity to develop language, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills appropriately.
Education and Development
1. To plan and implement a culturally sensitive educational program that is developmentally appropriate for each child’s age and language
2. To plan and implement appropriate daily lesson plans, based on the approved curriculum, that promote the cognitive, language, literacy, social, emotional, and physical development of children
3. To conduct ongoing assessment and individualization documentation in a timely manner
4. To collect, enter, analyze and implement child assessment data
5. To plan a balanced daily routine that encourages play, exploration, and learning; and which includes teacher-directed and child-directed activities, and inside and outside time
6. To provide a developmentally appropriate, stimulating learning environment by adding new and interesting materials each week
7. To provide a warm, nurturing, loving and positive environment, using positive guidance techniques and upholding the ECS Discipline Policy
8. To develop nurturing relationships with each child by encouraging his or her social and emotional development
9. To maintain all federal, state, local and accreditation standards. (These may include those set forth by NAEYC, APPLE, ECS, and DCF.)
Children’s Health and Developmental Services
1. To conduct daily health checks on each child.
2. To plan weekly activities promoting a healthy lifestyle
3. To follow policies and procedures regarding medical and dental emergencies, short-term exclusion of children, and the administration, handling, and storing of medication
4. To ensure that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries to children or self.
5. To maintain sanitation and hygiene procedures and participate in the maintenance of the center
1. To provide and encourage effective communication and relationships with families so that parents feel comfortable talking to staff about their children.
2. To attend parent meetings as assigned
3. To encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program
4. To inform parents concerning their children’s progress formally and informally, which may include parent notes, portfolios and parent conferences
5. To maintain transition procedures for children moving to another classroom or program and coordinate transition with other appropriate program staff.
1. To eat with children, encouraging proper eating habits and conversation
2. To serve food in a way that encourages the development and socialization of the children
3. To assist in kitchen duties as assigned
Training and Communication
1. Provide leadership in following best practices in the field of early childhood education.
2. Assist the Center Director to train, mentor, and develop the assistant teacher to create an appropriate classroom environment.
3. To communicate regularly with other staff in order to better serve children and families, including attending staff meetings, trainings, and sharing information
4. To have a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude within the program
5. To follow directions and assignments as given by supervisor
6. To maintain appropriate record keeping
7. To maintain confidentiality at all times
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
* This position reports to the Center Manager.