Performs a wide variety of payroll processing and benefits activities, including processing regular and non-regular payroll, administering time and attendance policies and system, and administration of benefit plans.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Process 6 separate biweekly payrolls for multi-state companies.
· Establish and maintain procedures to ensure efficient and accurate administration of employee benefits and payroll.
· Set up benefit plans and timekeeping policies.
· Train managers and employees in payroll and timekeeping processes.
· First point of contact for payroll vendor.
· Compile, analyze and prepare payroll-related information in the payroll system, ensuring accurate and timely processing of new hires, promotions, terminations, time off, and benefit related payments (including 401(k) contributions, medical benefit deductions), etc.
· Process and maintain setup of garnishments and payroll corrections.
· Prepare termination, off-cycle, and special payments.
· Reconcile 401(k) funding and provide information for auditors upon request.
· Maintain current knowledge of IRS and applicable State/Local regulations, researching updates when needed.
· Answer attendance and working hours, time off, payroll, and benefits inquiries from employees and managers, providing outstanding customer service at all times.
· Manage company payroll, Hours and attendance, and benefits modules including development, maintenance, and improvements of the systems in ADP Workforce Now.
· Manage leave policies including Vacation, Sick, Holiday, as well as shift-differential, and overtime payment within ADP.
· Manage setup and closure of State withholding accounts as needed.
· Report and reconcile payroll data as needed, including ACA reporting, Workers’ Compensation, and L&I.
· Collaborate with accounting and finance for payroll items and reporting.
· Provide reporting for management and corporate regularly and on an ad hoc basis.
· Orchestrate end-of-year reporting to include preparation and distribution of W-2’s and reconciliation of quarterly and year-end reports.
· Respond to payroll-related activity reconciliations and audits.
· Answer employment verifications and other requests for information.
· Coordinate benefits (medical, dental, FSA, HSA, Life, LTD, and EAP) including enrollments, employee changes, system administration, and compliance.
· Work with benefits broker and HR team to ensure smooth Open Enrollment process.
· Maintain payroll records and files. Support implementation of payroll initiatives and projects
· Review and resolve payroll discrepancies, answer employee questions timely and accurately, and take appropriate actions to mitigate future issues.
· Assist with HR projects as needed.
· All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.