The Data Science team (http://www.nec-labs.com/research-departments/data-science-systems-research/data-science-systems-research-home) aims to build novel big data solutions and smart platforms to simplify complex system and service management. Our research is both experimental and theoretical, covering many domains such as time series analysis, graph mining, NLP and document analysis, reinforcement and imitation learning. We have built a number of analytic engines to analyze big data and support various applications in detection, prediction and optimization. Our research leads to both award-winning NEC products and publications in top conferences.
The team is seeking data scientists to work in the area of data analytics and service development. The ideal candidate will have strong background in data mining and machine learning, as well as experiences in software development.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative programs.
• Good knowledge in machine learning and data mining, probability and statistics, data structures and algorithms.
• Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Numpy/Scikit-learn/Pandas, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
• Innovative and creative thinking, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
• U.S citizenship (preferred) or U.S permanent resident.
NEC Laboratories America is located in Princeton, NJ, home of Princeton University and one of New Jersey's most beautiful and idyllic towns. The area offers many exciting cultural, entertainment and outdoor activities. The office is minutes away from Princeton University and an hour from New York, Philadelphia, and the Atlantic Ocean.