Title: Controls Engineer
Reports To: Vice President, Engineering
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Document Date: 05/08/18
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Controls Engineer is responsible for all technical support, designing, programming, and commissioning of PLC hardware and software on all types of equipment and machinery across the manufacturing network. This position will play a key role in a growing company, working on multiple projects improving and expanding refining capabilities and capacity.
- Maintain controls equipment and network across manufacturing sites nationwide
- Create PLC (Allen Bradley) programs for new process equipment, upgrade for existing equipment
- Create HMI screens for new process equipment, upgrade for existing equipment
- Troubleshoot controls issues including PLC, HMI, VFD both remotely and on site
- Specify, purchase, and / or design electrical and control panels
- Manage and facilitate use of FactoryTalk by operations / leadership personnel
- Support Engineering & Refining teams with installation of new technologies
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Minimum two years of experience with Allen Bradley Controls Systems in manufacturing, preferred liquid or food production
- Experience with commitment to excellence, including Safety and Quality Assurance
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated process engineering acumen, strong, effective problem solver
- Ability to focus on several projects simultaneously and demonstrate ability to manage priorities appropriately
- English language fluency – listening and comprehending, speaking, reading, and writing
- Excellent, proactive, oral and written communication skills
- Work effectively in collaborative environment, take the lead in assigned tasks, build teams to achieve goals
Working Conditions and Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to heat and cold, moving vehicles, moving machinery parts, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by on employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an estimated 30% travel, and may include international.
Please note: The Essential Functions outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.