Walters Recycling is looking for an energetic, hard-working, customer-focused team player to help us achieve overall strategic success as a Customer Service Representative.
Apply today to join the Walters Team!
Walter's is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 60 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and over 70,000 customers.
About the role:
As a Customer Service Representative, you will interact with existing and potential customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about our services. Also, as a Customer Service Representative, you will assist in improving internal communication between and among several departments.
- Answer phones and respond to customer requests
- Sell our services to potential new customers
- Enter account information into our operating system
- Transfer calls to appropriate staff
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the operating system
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved
- Research billing issues
- Research misapplied payments
- Recognize, document, and alert the manager of trends in customer calls
- Recommend process improvements
- Other projects may include billing, electronic scanning of checks or other projects within the customer service group
- Other duties as assigned
- Outgoing, exciting, fun attitude
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
- Ability to use a computer in a Windows-based environment
- Typing of 35 wpm
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel user skills
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- HSA Employer contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off 6 Paid Holidays.
- Free Trash Pickup within the service area
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.