This person should be dynamic and ready for anything that is asked upon them. This position is a support role for all aspects of day-to-day business involving sales. The Delivery Captain reports to the Sales Lead or General Manager and is expected to assist the Sales Lead with daily showroom setups, boat show setups, cleaning, minor rigging, unloading boats, staging boats, administrative work, picture taking, website postings, and anything else that may be asked upon them. This person is expected to be knowledgeable about all products that we offer, as well as safe boating practices and general services that they will be required to demonstrate to the customer. This person will be required to complete all training and continuously learn and adapt to new products that are offered and product changes that take place.
It is the Delivery Captains responsibility to conduct training with customers to teach them about their new boat, motor, trailers, and any other accessories that are purchased. This includes general product information, service schedules, and safe boating practices. This person is also expected to assist with sales by keeping customers warm and demonstrating product knowledge to customers in the showroom and during off-site boat shows. He/She will be expected to deliver boats to customers both on-site and off-site, as well as move boats between multiple store locations when asked. The Delivery Captain is an industry professional and is expected to always project professionalism in both appearance and communication.
- Deliver sold boats both on-site & off-site to customers and conduct training with customers to familiarize them with their new boat, answer questions, and inform customer of recommended service schedule.
- Conduct check in process for new boats and notate any warranty or shipping damage.
- Unload new boats/TOR and send appropriate paperwork to SDS.
- Transfer inventory between multiple store locations
- Upsell and demonstrate aftermarket accessories.
- Answer phones, respond to emails, and greet customers.
- Maintain a clean and professional sales environment through daily housekeeping and organization.
- Assist Sales Lead with administrative work.
- Work special events such as on-site and off-site boats shows.
- Keep all inventory on display clean and in showroom selling condition.
- Anything else needed or asked upon.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.