Oklahoma Electric Cooperative (OEC) is a nonprofit electric cooperative and is owned by those we serve—our members. We work for our members, not for distant investors. That means any revenue we make in excess of the cost to do business is returned to our members—similar to profits made by investor-owned utilities being distributed among their shareholders. OEC strives to be our members’ trusted, preferred energy provider and impactful community partner.
We believe one avenue to accomplish this is by hiring individuals who will partner with us in providing outstanding service to our members. OEC values our employees and provide competitive pay and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as retirement saving options.
OEC is accepting applications for the open position of Assistant Control Room Operator. This is a full-time position located in Norman, OK. The Control Room is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. This position will work the 3 am - 3 pm shift, including every other weekend, and occasional holidays.
The Assistant Control Room Operator is responsible for the timely dispatching of outages and general and emergency maintenance requests and maintains awareness of Cooperative personnel in the field. They adhere to departmental procedures in the safe operation of SCADA and other applications and is responsible for maintaining various Operations records and files, such as Radio Log, permits, work orders, and contractor invoices.
- Dispatches Cooperative personnel to appropriate locations, according to outage, job report, or work order specifications, using radio, telephone, or scheduling software.
- Converses with members and Cooperative personnel to address questions, problems, scheduling matters, and requests for maintenance.
- Practices and promotes respect towards members.
- Creates service order, outage, or other record as appropriate.
- Addresses notes/follow ups from Cooperative personnel upon the completion of service orders and outages.
- Monitors, documents activities, and operates the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA).
- De-energizes devices as requested by authorized personnel.
- Energizes devices as requested by authorized personnel under the supervision of Control Room Operator or supervisor.
- Enables safety processes on devices at his/her discretion and as requested by authorized personnel.
- Acknowledges and analyzes SCADA alarms, device events, voltage and amps in a timely manner.
- Adjusts SCADA settings in anticipation of conditions that could affect the Cooperative service area (i.e., inclement weather).
- Monitors and analyzes information in the Outage Management System (OMS).
- Acknowledges and addresses outage reports promptly.
- Evaluates and combines related outages.
- Dispatches Cooperative personnel to outage location and communicates pertinent information.
- Receives, maintains files of, and schedules Operations work orders.
- Reads and interprets work orders, documenting necessary information.
- Notifies members of pending and completed construction.
- Verifies Call OKIE One Calls are valid at the time of scheduled construction.
- Manages Call OKIE One Call ticket requests.
- Creates, submits, and reviews tickets to ensure accurate information regarding location of work site and type of work to be done.
- Converses with locators to address questions or problems with tickets.
- Monitors Call OKIE One Call ticket response system.
- Reads and interprets tickets for potential involvement with Cooperative facilities.
- Dispatches tickets as appropriate.
- Maintains records of permit inspections received from cities in the Cooperative service area.
- Documents information and continues workflow of service order and/or work order if necessary.
- Prepares and maintains various documents and reports for the Operations department as requested.
Ideal candidates meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Qualities of: team-oriented, shows great attention to detail, willing to take on responsibilities and challenges, works well under stress, able to quickly shift between multiple activities and/or information, analyze information, and punctual
Please whitelist email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure receipt of emails related to your application.