CUSO Financial Services, L.P. has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Accountant to join our growing and successful organization! Our company culture fosters and encourages innovation and growth by promoting openness, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of semi-monthly multi-state payroll for CFS LP and SPF LLC, maintenance of payroll records as to rate of pay, deductions and other information necessary for payroll processing.
Position duties include but not limited to:
- Enter new hires into ADP system.
- Setup employees with Time & Attendance working schedule.
- Train/Assist employees on hours recording and time off request submission.
- Review employee's timecards for completeness using ADP reporting and process hours transfer to payroll.
- Enter hours into the Master Timecard worksheet and PTO Vacation worksheet and reconcile/balance with ADP reports and paydata grids.
- Enter other employee changes such as benefit deductions, status changes based on H/R reports/employee change forms.
- Create paydata grids for payroll processing including Reps commissions and PM's monthly incentives.
- Update Health Care Reform and Employer HSA Contribution spreadsheets to record information for W-2 reporting for terminated employees.
- On payroll submission day reconcile all based payroll balancing worksheets with ADP reporting.
- Present balanced payroll to AVP, Payroll for review and accepting payroll.
- On the next 3 days process payroll transactions including HSA employee contributions, Flex transfers, 401k ACH's using Payroll Checklist.
- Process garnishments and requests from EDD and other state agencies.
- Manage daily Flex reimbursements.
- Prepare manual payroll checks (including termination checks).
- Maintain company payroll changes and electronic filing system.
- Prepare benefits billing reconciliations.
- Assist Accounting Department with special projects.
- Ad hoc payroll reporting.
- Support Company Mission and Corporate Values.
- Other projects and duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or equivalent combination of education and previous payroll processing experience.
- Previous experience includes knowledge of the principles and techniques involved in payroll administration and payroll related accounting practices; awareness of state and federal laws related to payroll practices, record keeping, retirement funds, and garnishments.
- Must be able to show ability to meet deadlines and understanding of critical nature of processing employees’ pay.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, 10-key by touch, and preferably ADP, AccPac.
- High level of accuracy with attention to detail, being able to detect anomalies and identifying solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
CUSO Financial Services, L.P. offers a rewarding career path and potential for advancement as well as good benefits and a solid work/life balance. Our collaborative culture offers community through shared goals and strong work ethics.
Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. (Atria) is a wealth management solutions holding company focused on delivering a clear path to the future of financial advice for financial professionals, financial institutions and their clients. Headquartered in New York City, Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries empower financial institutions and independent financial professionals with a sophisticated set of tools, services and capabilities that drive growth. Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries include CUSO Financial Services, LP, Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC, Cadaret Grant & Co., Inc., NEXT Financial Group, Inc. and Western International Securities, Inc. Atria’s subsidiaries together support nearly 2,500 financial professionals with more than $75 billion of assets under administration. For more information, please visit www.atriawealth.com.