|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Remote for the right candidate (East Coast preferred)
CPE is looking for a skilled Senior Project Manager with a passion for racial and social justice. The Senior Project Manager will leverage their background in project planning, risk management, change management, and strategic planning to support the office of the CEO, which spans initiatives for CPE, Yale University, and other committees, boards, and special projects.
In particular, the Senior Project Manager is charged with helping the CEO, the Chief of Staff, and the Executive Assistant: develop and socialize strategy; prioritize projects and workstreams; drive operational efficiency and effective communication strategy; and delegate, monitor, and evaluate initiatives across multiple diverse, geographically distributed stakeholder groups.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Program Management, and is part of the larger functional Program Management Office team. However, most of the Senior Project Manager's active time will be spent in close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Staff, who own the priorities and projects of the CEO's office.
About the Program Management Office
CPE recognizes project management as a core function of the organization; in 2019, we established a Program Management Office (PMO) to evolve, promote, and enforce CPE's standards for project management. The PMO itself is a centralized team of project management professionals throughout the organization to provide PM support to their assigned division -- so the Senior Project Manager is situated within the PMO and supported by a team of professionals of the same discipline, but most of their active time is spent in direct collaboration with the members of the CEO's office.
- Project Planning and Management: Plan and manage multiple related projects of varying scope/complexity while meeting deadlines
- Risk Management: Proactively identify risks to the program's success, and work with within and across teams and org leadership to mitigate these risks before they materialize
- Stakeholder Engagement: Clear communication and distillation of complex ideas into easy-to-understand language, for diverse audiences including org executives, junior staff, and external partners
- Process Evolution and Change Management: Work with the PMO to develop, enforce, and improve established processes, tools, standards, and documentation needed to successfully execute strategic initiatives across the program and the org as a whole, leveraging your ability to 'connect the dots' between your team's work and other programs' goals and organizational priorities
- Servant Leadership: Collaborate with the CEO, Chief of Staff, and Executive Assistant to ensure the team has clarity of purpose, alignment on scope, efficient and transparent processes, and the resourcing/tooling it needs to execute on their vision for the CEO's office
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of Project or Program Management experience, preferably in close collaboration with C-Suite or other executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new project management tools and processes to a growing organization
- Fluency in racial justice work, particularly around racial equity as it relates to public safety
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with a passion for distilling complex ideas into language that is easy to understand
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and peers to achieve success
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: