Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Coordinator performs a variety of duties and administrative support related to the Human Resources needs of the organization.
Coordinator Key Responsibilities
As the first point of contact for the agency’s human resources needs, the incumbent is responsible for the following:
General HR Services:
Recruitment and Staffing:
Training & Professional Development:
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
General Knowledge of and desire to grow in:
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Human Resources, Business Management (preferred)
• Minimum of one year of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Specialist or management level experience that includes but not limited to onboarding, training, development of staff, communications (not including education substitution)
• General knowledge of Human Resources law and practices
• Labor and union experience, preferred
• Ability to quickly gain proficiency in FIRST 5 policies and procedures
• Ability to manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience with HRIS system required (Paychex preferred)
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, 40 hours per week. This position is temporarily remote until the agency’s return to office plan has been finalized. Once the office is reopened, the incumbent will be on site in San Jose, CA.
The work is sometimes physical, requiring setting up for meetings which may require lifting or carrying cumbersome materials, e.g., easels, flip charts, refreshments, brochures, etc.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://FIRST5.appone.com