EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Current undergraduate or graduate student in good standing working toward a degree in Social Studies, Political Science, History, or Business Administration, or similar program. Recent grad
The Office of the Mayor is seeking interns to assist the Mayor and staff with administrative, staffing, and special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Respond to constituent concerns via telephone, email and traditional correspondence in timely, efficient manner and redirecting to other city departments or outside agencies when necessary. Create and maintain records relating to the assistance provided.
• Create informational briefings for the Mayor and staff for internal meetings and public events.
• Organize and coordinate city outreach efforts and other public events.
• Conduct in-depth policy research on areas as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as requested.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
uates will also be considered.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
• Ability to work with a degree of autonomy.
• Enjoyment of working and interacting with variety of people.
• Must be flexible, courteous, and interested in public service as well as a wide variety of public functions.
• Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
• Quick learner.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Foreign language skills (especially Spanish) a plus.
• Graphic design and digital media experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Computer, telephone, calculator, copy machine.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this job include vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with moderate inside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office. Entire office is smoke free.
** For consideration, please submit a resume, 1-2 page writing sample, and your availability on weekdays between September and December 2021. End date is flexible. **