OEC Fiber, located in Norman, OK, is taking high-speed fiber services where no one else will. Powered by Oklahoma Electric Cooperative, OEC Fiber brings the power of high-speed fiber services right to the front door of homes and business. We are proud to provide affordable and reliable high-speed fiber services coupled with some of the most exceptional customer service in the area.
OEC is currently accepting applications for Technical Support Representative in our Fiber & Broadband department. This is a full-time position located at OEC headquarters in Norman, OK.
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for assisting residential and commercial subscribers in the use and operation of OEC Fiber products, services, and equipment. Employees in this position utilize various methods of communication to provide excellent service through efficient Level 1 and 2 technical troubleshooting and problem resolution.
The Technical Support department is staffed 8 am - 8 pm, 7 days a week. This position will occasionally work weekend and evening shifts.
- Provides Level 1 and 2 support to subscribers regarding issues related to services offered by OEC Fiber, including but not limited to: basic troubleshooting, some equipment issues, installation and configuration support, user account resets.
- Works closely with subscribers and strives to provide resolution to problems in a prompt, courteous, member-focused manner.
- Provides basic training and assistance for subscribers on features of software, hardware, and operating systems.
- Maintain knowledge of all OEC Fiber products, services, and capability of systems.
- Monitors systems and equipment operations and service reliability.
Ideal candidates meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years' experience OR Associate's degree
- Experience should be of a progressively increasing responsibility in technical support, help desk, and customer service.
- Education should be in IT or related field
- Intermediate knowledge of internet/WiFi, phone, TV, and related equipment/devices and technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Skill in: determining how a system should work and how changes will affect it; teaching others how to do something; strong verbal and written communication; actively looking for ways to help others
- Ability to: use procedures to solve problems; combine various pieces of information and create solutions
- Qualities of: dependable; detail-oriented; adaptable
Please whitelist email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure receipt of emails related to your application.
Please note that applicants applying through a job board (such as Indeed) may need to complete their application at okcoop.org/join-our-team/. Please check your email for further instructions.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Our objective is to maintain a continuing policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.