Walters Recycling is currently hiring an Inventory Control Coordinator.
Apply today to join the Walters Team!
Hours: 8:30 am –5:30 pm
Average 45 hours a week, Pay Range $50K-$54K (Hourly position + Overtime)
Walters Recycling is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 compressed natural gas (CNG) and Diesel Trucks and over 70,000 customers.
About the role:
As an Inventory Control Coordinator, you will be responsible for all storeroom functions including proper ordering, receiving, issuing, and security of essential parts and equipment to ensure these items are available as needed for maintenance and other equipment-related production support. The role also includes developing and tracking key performance indicators to ensure plant downtime and equipment reliability are not impacted by spare part issues.
- Order required parts and supplies utilizing the company CMMS system. This process includes communicating with vendors, requesting and reviewing quotes, entering purchase orders, updating records, and tracking overdue deliveries.
- Receive, unpack, and organize incoming parts into inventory. Assign locations for, label, and stock parts.
- Ensure received items correspond to purchase orders and packing slips and address discrepancies as they arise. Troubleshoot late or incomplete shipments, incorrect parts, and parts description/ specification discrepancies with vendors and customers. Return incorrect parts to vendors.
- Locate parts needed to allow for customer inspection and/or fulfill work orders. Check-out parts against work orders.
- Assemble parts kits for pending PM job execution and all jobs as available.
- Perform daily cycle counts of parts inventory as generated from CMMS. Communicate and properly document anomalies found in cycle counts. Research and resolve missing inventory.
- Review Maintenance Storeroom Inventory Request Forms and enter Items into CMMS.
- Maintain parts and materials in such a manner as to minimize losses and damage. Ensure that returned inventory items are restocked properly.
- Coordinate storeroom operations and manage the maintenance spare part supply chain process. Ensure best practices are in place for part specification, procurement, receipt, and incoming inspection/testing, data entry into the CMMS, stocking, and issuance to a technician.
- Oversee the storeroom Customer Service window to ensure high levels of customer service so that maintenance technician efficiency is not impacted.
- Track and manage spare part warranties and ensure claims are submitted when appropriate.
- Participates in Total Process Reliability (TPR) Program.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Two years of relevant experience or training.
- Experience planning and supervising inventory cycle counts.
- Microsoft Office proficient with the ability to learn and leverage fleet management and other systems to drive efficiencies.
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems.
- Motivational, listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and internal customers.
- Ability to drive a forklift as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Three plus years of relevant experience or training.
- Training in Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul Inventory (MRO) control.
- Experience in Dossier.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- HSA Employer contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- Free Trash pickup within Service Area.
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.