|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Flexible for the right candidate (East Coast strongly preferred)
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for a skilled Executive Assistant with a passion for social justice issues to join our growing organization.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO. The Executive Assistant will manage the CEO's calendar, coordinate internal and external meetings and events, and guide follow-up correspondence and task execution. The Executive Assistant may also be called upon to lead special projects, material creation, and other duties depending on skills and interest.
This position requires an administrative professional with high attention to detail, excellent communication and coordination skills, ability to problem solve and independently prioritize work, and anticipate the needs of the CEO and other leadership team members. The Executive Assistant must possess fluency or ability to develop fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Zoom, G-Suite, Salesforce, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others.
- Coordinate and support CEO efforts in context of Leadership team
- Act as the point of contact among the CEO, Leadership team, and external partners, as requested
- Track and coordinate CEO priorities and duly escalate as needed; this includes managing information flow, managing the CEO calendar and coordinating internal and external meetings
- Note-taking and other support tasks for CEO-specific and leadership meetings
- Assist with coordinating travel for the CEO and other CPE leadership. This includes setting up appointments with external partners and addressing all logistical details.
- Collaborate with other EAs to ensure shared understanding of goals and priorities amongst CPE leadership
- Contribute to event and retreat planning and execution for CPE
- Develop and/or edit tools, forms, templates, and organizational learning resources
- Submit reimbursement forms and compile receipts for the CEO and other CPE leadership, as requested.
- Manage office space and purchasing of supplies for staff, if needed.
- Support CPE leadership team with use of platforms and tools, including Asana, G Suite and team shared folder, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack. This may include upload of materials and content entry.
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in an executive-level support role (e.g., Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator) with demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to discern which meetings should be prioritized to support the CEO's and broader organization's objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Comfortable taking initiative and 'managing up' to move tasks forward
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Confidence using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: