CPSI is currently looking for Senior Software Engineers where you will be a part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with creating applications and products to support the rural healthcare market of Hospitals, Clinics and Long Term Care Facilities. At CPSI we Leverage an Agile development methodology that provides the ability to react to ever changing Regulatory and Market requirements we develop using a technology stack consisting of:
- Kubernetes, Containerization
- REST/Hypermedia and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- SPA (Single Page Application), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control)
- C#, .NET Core
- ELK Stack, Prometheus and Grafana
All in a highly collaborative team based scrum development process.
Essential Functions: In addition to working as prescribed in our Performance Factors specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Work with Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Quality Analysts to implement market requirements and functional specifications
- Create a collaborative environment with other team members to ensure the team's overall effectiveness
- Demonstrates solid understanding of SDLC, development processes, and tools.
- Shows ability to make improvements to our products from an architectural perspective (big impact with little overhead).
- Able to adapt and apply design patterns.
- May occasional lead a team/project
- Demonstrates technical leadership by helping a team coordinate multiple technical tasks to meet a common goal.
- Able to provide solutions for difficult to solve problems.
- Identifies and implements coding standards and policies.
- Involved in technical design discussions, providing feedback that contributes to an appropriate technical solution.
- Able to grasp, apply and promote industry knowledge (patterns, technologies and techniques) to others.
- Tackles non-apparent client issues independently or by leading team
- Effectively communicates design/technology to non-technical team members
- Expected to excel in 1 of these 3 areas:
(1) Experts in their chosen technology stacks. They are given the hard tasks (the ones nobody knows how to solve) and often get design responsibilities. They often work independently because they have a proven track record of delivering the goods.
(2) Expected to mentor Junior and intermediate developers.
(3) Amazing troubleshooter. They have run into those same problems before and have a very good idea of where to look first.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 4-5 years of experience (8+ preferred) in the field.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving collaborative environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on issues to resolution
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member
- Application development experience with healthcare based applications
- Experience with one or more: .NET Core, Entity Framework, PostgreSQL, Front end frameworks/libraries such as AngularJS, Web Components, Lit
- Experience with web-based based application development using REST/Hypermedia and/or SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Experience with modern techniques such as Responsive web design, SPA (Single Page Architecture), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control) and Design Patterns
- Experience using agile development techniques and scrum development processes
- Experience with GCP, AWS or another CSP will be an added advantage.