OEC Fiber, located in Norman, OK, is taking high-speed fiber services where no one else will. Powered by Oklahoma Electric Cooperative, OEC Fiber brings the power of high-speed fiber services right to the front door of homes and business. We are proud to provide affordable and reliable high-speed fiber services coupled with some of the most exceptional customer service in the area.
We are currently accepting applications for the open position of Business Sales Technician. This is a full-time position located in Norman, OK.
The Business Sales Technician is responsible for supporting the OEC Fiber Sales team by providing technical expertise during and after the sale of OEC Fiber products and services to business subscribers. This position meets with prospective subscribers, demonstrates OEC Fiber products and services, and offers guidance on how OEC Fiber can meet their business needs. This position also educates and trains business subscribers in the use and operation of OEC Fiber products, services, and equipment. The Business Sales Technician also provisions equipment, ports telephone numbers, and provides technical support and troubleshooting.
- Works closely with business subscribers and strives to provide service in a prompt, courteous, subscriber-focused manner.
- Coordinates and schedules business installs, working closely with the Manager of Outside Plant & Construction to ensure prompt completion of work.
- Works closely with the Sales team on site visits.
- Analyzes subscriber needs and develops plan to best utilize OEC Fiber products and services.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations and demonstrations to prospective subscribers.
- Supports business subscribers to ensure full use of OEC Fiber products and services.
- Provides training and assistance for subscribers on features of software, hardware, and operating systems.
- Introduces subscribers to our local IT partners.
- Obtains Letter of Agency and Bills from business subscribers.
- Accurately enters data into LeadAgent.
- Facilitates the Local Number Portability (LNP) process for business subscribers.
- Collects and organizes the necessary paperwork to submit telephone numbers for porting to OEC Fiber network.
- Submits the LNP request to the previous provider.
- Ports telephone numbers to OEC Fiber network, working closing with install team to ensure work is complete and numbers are properly assigned.
- Schedules and coordinates the installation and provisioning of the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and telephones.
- Prepares ONTs for installation.
- Provides Level 1 and 2 support to business subscribers regarding issues related to services offered by OEC Fiber, including but not limited to: basic troubleshooting, equipment issues, installation and configuration support, user account resets.
- Collects information and analyzes the problem.
- Documents troubleshooting process and the resolution of problem.
- Uses appropriate in determining when to escalate requests to next support level, including traveling to the site and troubleshooting, or scheduling appointment for Fiber Optic Technician.
- Creates and assigns service orders, following up as needed to ensure prompt, efficient service.
- Works closely with telephone provider to provision equipment, port telephone numbers, troubleshoot issues, and ensure best use of services.
- Collaborates with others in the department and Cooperative in other duties as needed, actively participating in meetings, conference calls, and other means of communication.
Ideal candidates meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years' experience
- Experience should be of a progressively increasing responsibility in technical support, customer service, help desk, or related field
- Valid Driver's License
- Customer service experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of internet/WiFi, phone, TV, and related equipment/devices and technologies
- Strong verbal and writing skills to provide effective presentations and demonstrations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Able to work with minimal direction to accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to remain calm in fast-paced, flexible, and demanding environment
- Team player
- Detail oriented
Applicants applying through a job board may need to complete their application at https://okcoop.org/join-our-team/. Please check your email for further instructions.
Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to ensure receipt of emails related to your application.