The Assistant Regional Hub Coordinator with the oversight and direction from the Regional Hub Coordinator/Third Year Clerkship Coordinator, will coordinate the clinical educational experience for students enrolled at Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine at the Regional Hub for their 3rd and 4th year. The coordinator will work collaboratively with the Regional Hub Coordinator and office of Clinical Education to provide administrative support of coordinating schedules, evaluations and working with Preceptors. This is a temporary position not to exceed June 30, 2022 for Albuquerque and Tucson.
The Assistant Regional Hub Coordinator is expected to perform the following tasks in his/her region.
- Assist the Hub Coordinator with student credentialing and onboarding
- Provide administrative support, such as answering telephones; assisting students, employees and visitors; and resolving a range of administrative problems and inquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Serve as a liaison with other hospital/clinic and main BCOM campus
- Collaborate with other staff, faculty and other offices to resolve complex issues
- Assist students in coordinating a range of issues, including, accessibility, facilitating housing options
- Serve as a subject matter resource to other departments; represent hub/department
- Assist the Hub Coordinator in rotation confirmations
- Assist in gathering the evaluations of the students, faculty, & rotations at the Hub
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
Please state which area you are interested in: Las Cruces, Albuquerque, El Paso Texas, Tucson Arizona