We are seeking applicants for a full-time Paint Laborer on our first shift at our Jefferson City location. Standard hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. **DeLong's, Inc. is currently on Summer Hours: 7:00 AM to 3:30PM. Summer hours will run through September 4, 2021.
DeLong’s, Inc. is a steel fabricator that produces steel bridges and miscellaneous bridge components for the transportation industry and structural steel for the building industry. Due to our unique production processes, we provide extensive on-the-job training. Even without a technical background, a candidate with strong work ethic and a desire to learn and build skills will have the opportunity for growth and advancement. Founded in 1944, DeLong’s offers more than 75 years of stability to our employees through reliable wages and rich benefits, including affordable health insurance and employer-funded retirement plans. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Strong organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and time-management skills are required.
- Dependability through regular and reliable attendance is required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for education.
We are looking for new team members who are dedicated, dependable, and hard-working team players. This position is currently accepting applications. If you are looking for a career that is as reliable as you are with excellent benefits, please apply with us!
Important Skills: The following skills are necessary for long-term success in this position, but can be learned through on-the-job training for the motivated candidate:
- Ability to use and read a standard tape measure.
- Construction or fabrication experience.
- Material handling or physical labor experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings.
- Industrial and pressurized painting experience.
Duties and Responsibilities: Once trained and/or certified, the individual filling this position could be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Use internal blueprints and procedures to verify conformance of paint processes to specifications.
- Grind, blast, and clean material as needed to prepare for paint processes.
- Tend machine equipped with compressed air spray nozzles that coat products or materials with paint or primer as indicated in shop drawings.
- Mix and pour paint or primer into reservoir of machine and couple hose to spray nozzles.
- Move nozzles to attain specified spraying pressure ensure appropriate coating of material.
- Attach sub piece marks with bolts as required by shop drawings.
- Sort and stack material in an orderly and safe fashion to prepare for shipment. Use appropriate rigging procedures and operate overhead cranes to move and organize material.