As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed. This privately held company has been in business since 1992 and is experiencing strong growth year after year.
The Corporate Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting, hiring, and onboarding strategies to attract and retain a diverse pool of qualified talent. This role will also play a key part in the support of daily operations of the HR Department.
This is a socially-focused role with attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, and motivating others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns We are looking for an effective communicator who is genuinely interested in the needs of the company, it's management, the team and candidates. Deadlines are usually a factor so the work must be done on time and correctly, and involves building consensus rather than making decisions alone in order to maintain and grow relationships.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of talent acquisition from the time a position is approved to the onboarding process including job postings, sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring and pre-employment activities.
- Collaborates with managers to draft and maintain accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Collaborates with Marketing on Employer Branding strategies.
- Identifies and implements strategies to create active and passive candidate pipelines.
- Leads onboarding process and implements new hire orientation.
- Enters, tracks, and administers information in the ATS and HRIS and assists with maintaining candidate and employee files in compliance with legal requirements.
- Maintains 3rd party vendor relationships for temporary workforce needs.
- Assists with off-boarding and the termination of employment process.
- Stays current with federal, state, and local employment laws to ensure compliance.
- Supports cross-training and development in all areas of HR as needed.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and 2 years of experience managing all phases of the recruiting and hiring process or equivalent of 6 years combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding and ability to lead the recruitment lifecycle process.
- Experience with social media, networking and building candidate sourcing relationships.
- Familiar with laws, regulations and best practices applicable to recruitment and hiring.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and team-based collaboration.
- Works independently with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Possesses a high level of personal and business ethics and upholds organizational values.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages and quarterly bonus opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options.
- 401(k) with generous company contributions.
- Paid time off, personal time, paid holidays, and flexible/remote work schedules.
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary life, accident, critical illness, and long-term disability insurance.
- Company-wide cookouts, pot-lucks, and work-day events.
- On-site fitness center, free parking and dog-friendly.
- Opportunities for career enhancements through training and educational programs.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; lift and/or move weight up to 15 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and/or communicate moderately complex information and problems, opposing points of view on moderately complex issues, and collaborate and negotiate on alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications and compose materials such as detailed reports, forms, letters, manuals, presentations and communicate information; add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; and compute, analyze, and interpret statistical data for reporting purposes.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).