The Senior Help Desk Specialist position provides help desk support to NBCC, Inc. and Affiliates by working with our IT team and our clients to achieve our organization’s goals. The position requires a hands-on professional with an ability to translate our organizational needs into client-friendly functions related to Senior Tech/Help Desk/Network Support via phone, in person, email, and remote access.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are a summary of the essential functions of the job. Other duties might be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities could change periodically.
• Manages phone calls, emails, and service tickets for help desk organization’s needs. Responds to employee needs with technical solutions in an expedient manner.
• Manages and maintains a system of redundant backups to minimize the potential loss of data given any foreseeable disaster scenario while minimizing the cost of the system.
• Responds to problems that prevent employees from doing their jobs. This involves diagnosing hardware and software problems.
• Deploys and maintains organization’s information technology systems, which include Microsoft Server, Terminal Server, LAN with workstations, laptops, VOIP office phones, Spectrum telephony, Mobile iPhones, Wi-Fi networks, fax machines, webcams, digital copy machines, printers, and security systems.
• Responsible for router, switch, and access point configuration and installation.
• Handles advanced software troubleshooting and fixes as well as computer hardware diagnosis and repair.
• Assists with server maintenance and replacement.
• May assist with malware remediation.
• Responsible for the configuration and installation of workstations, laptops, printers, and other network devices.
• Creates and maintains detailed procedures for backup and restore, hardware and software installation, connection issues, and resolving other common problems.
• Maintains inventory of hardware and software and licenses of copyrighted material up to date with actual deployment.
• Provides planning and advice in the future acquisition of hardware and software.
• Stays up to date with the industry standards to make recommendations for IT Department help desk needs.
• Researches new technologies and evaluates and recommends those that will make the company become more efficient, provide better service, or otherwise be more competitive.
• Engages in constant communication with colleagues.
• Demonstrates strong teamwork skills.
• Assists other IT team members with help desk ticket issues, acts as senior member of team.
• Other duties as assigned.