Are you looking for career advancement? An opportunity to learn an industry and grow your career?
Job Purpose Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for leading and managing four key areas of plant operations: production planning process, logistics management on the plant level, customer success, and inventory management on the plant level. This position will require excellent, in-depth knowledge of the company products, the production process, logistics and carrier capabilities, and the customers’ product needs. The position will require strong problem-solving skills and the ability to lead, direct, change, and manage the customer service team, logistics, and plant personnel. This position will require the ability to maintain strong and continuous communication with plant management and operators, customers, carriers, and appropriate Sugaright plant and management staff. Shift is Monday - Friday, Daylight Hours.
Customer Centered Activities:
· Build and maintain productive relationships with customers. Actively serve as the primary point of contact for 50+ customers.
· Identify client challenges and risk areas, develop solutions and execute proactively.
· Receive orders and enter them into the Core System.
· Create shipping paperwork for carriers and customers making sure that the product meets the customer’s specifications.
· Provide timely and accurate information regarding customer ordering and delivery status to plant and management staff.
· Work closely with the Customer Service Representatives and Plant Management/Supervision to ensure orders are met on a constantly changing schedule.
· Provide timely feedback to company management regarding service failures or customer concerns.
· Implement corrective actions based on customer feedback.
· Manage customer service satisfaction and expectations.
· Strive to meet and exceed each customer’s service expectations.
· Supports and backs up Customer Service and Logistics personnel.
Plant Production Planning:
· Build and maintain productive relationships with production personnel.
· Ensure that Sugaright’s product supply meets customer demand.
o Track production activities and the ability of our product lines to produce and meet demand.
o Manage production schedule based on production capacity.
o Act as a point person for production personnel by providing input on customer demand which will drive production.
o Prioritize product production based on plant capacity and customer demand.
· Manage load-out schedule and ensure that the schedule is met.
· Ensure that all orders are fulfilled timely and accurately.
· Ensure that all customer specific requests are met during the production, load, and delivery process.
Plant Logistics Management
· Build and maintain productive relationships with 6+ carriers and 8+ dedicated drivers.
· Create all required paperwork and forms for product deliveries to customers.
· Make recommendations for improving processes for receiving orders, tracking orders, and tracking deliveries through customer receiving.
· Dispatch Operations:
o Manage a fleet of dedicated drivers.
o Ensure that all orders are covered by dedicated drivers or regular carriers.
o Create daily delivery schedule.
§ Optimize a fleet.
§ Adjust schedule as necessary to meet customer demand, adjust for production capacity, and to avoid detention costs.
o Provide performance feedback to carriers.
· Conduct daily yard checks: oversee tanker fleet, investigate damage, and ensure that all equipment and tankers are capable of transporting Sugaright product.
· Identify and notify Sugaright management regarding drivers’ performance, delivery issues, and carrier underperformance. Work with the Corporate Logistics department to remedy the situation.
· Verify and approve carrier invoices.
· Track and maintain physical inventory information including raw materials, WIP and finished product ready for load out.
o Ensure that the physical inventory count and Core System count reconcile.
· Document all inventory in the Core System.
· Provide accurate and timely data to other company management as requested.
· Review the process for inventory loss in the plant.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· This job has direct supervisory responsibilities over the plant Customer Service Representatives and Logistics Coordinators.