As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, but we also give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed.
The Returns Coordinator is responsible for working with the Returns Specialist to process Returns Merchandise Authorization (RMA). The role requires a balance with customer satisfaction by processing the return in a timely, courteous and cost-effective manner.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from on-the-job experience.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Responds to internal email, inbound phone calls and makes outbound calls within established service levels striving for a one-call /contact resolution.
- Opens and processes the physical product once returned.
- Documents in the ERP system on the progress of the return to provide updates on status and ensure service levels are met.
- Coordinates with the Vendors, Customer Service Representatives and Account Managers to ensure returns can be timely and efficiently processed.
- Responsible for directing the customer on obtaining warranty work for non-PN products, obtain copies of booklets and instruction manuals and explains the use of the product as needed.
- Follows up with vendors, small package carriers for tracing, filing claims and disputed denied claims.
- Works with both customers and 3rd party shipping vendors regarding damage liability related to product damage or structural damage claims.
- Evaluates the customer tier to determine how the RMA and restocking fee are handled.
Reporting and Documentation
- Uses the ticket system to track for reporting purposes.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Returns or Customer Service role.
Skills and Experience:
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with an ERP system preferred
- Strong basic mathematical skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and requires color and close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop; and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift and/or move weight over 50 pounds without assistance.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and communicate moderately complex information, problems and opposing points of view and collaborate and explore alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications and complete routine forms, letters and reports and communicate information; and use mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).