At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change-building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates-and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company's core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are actively seeking a Distribution/Supply Center Manager for our distribution / supply center located in Glen Burnie, MD.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company's leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
To learn more about the Haines experience, please visit www.jjhaines.com
As the Distribution / Supply Center Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and developing a team of associates in our distribution and supply center. The primary purpose of this position is to schedule and direct quality, safety, and production activities for associates and frequent, independent judgments are essential. You'll be heavily involved in driving process improvement and tracking performance/employee engagement. This role will directly supervise all associates within the distribution and supply center that carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with JJ Haines policies and applicable laws. The Distribution /Supply Center Manager is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Exhibit a "Customer First" attitude
• Manage delivery accuracy, errors, productivity and set performance expectations
• Train on delivery procedures, labels, paperwork, how to mark returns, etc.
• Train, coach and provide recognition to employees to achieve continuous improvement
• Review and evaluate work to ensure quality and timeliness; ensure quality control in adherence to policies and procedures
• Review error and productivity reports with team (daily, weekly, monthly)
• Trouble shoot order issues to satisfy customers
• Coordinate short- and long-term goals and objectives for the department to ensure the needs of the distribution and supply center are met
• Perform day end functions: reconcile cash box, charge invoices, credit card transactions and reconcile petty cash
• Order processing - walk in and by phone •
Perform the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment and assure all team members follow safe work practices
• Meet or exceed your safety goals in workers' comp and property damage
• Complete facility inspections monthly and quarterly
• Conduct safety training
• Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation, generally referencing precedents and practices
• Results are defined; Set own goals and determines how to accomplish results with some guidelines
• Assist in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget
• Keep employees informed of process and procedures
• Verify time in ADP and ensure accurate information is entered concerning paid time off
• Partner with the HR Manager to manage disciplinary actions as necessary
• Recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews
• College degree or coursework preferred •
5+ years' experience in warehouse distribution
• 1-3 years of management experience is required
• Excellent product knowledge specific to flooring preferred
• Excellent analytical, organizational planning, problem solving & leadership skills
• Some weekend and off-shift work required
• Excellent verbal and written skills
All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the mission, vision, and values of JJ Haines.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Haines are considered property of Haines and are not subject to payment of agency fees.